I don't know what's going on or why, but I've found out that 2 of my friends' dads have commited suicide in the space of 1 week! It's horrible looking into those friends faces...and they're both so young (14 & 20yo) to have lost their fathers in such a way...
Apparently 5 Australian men suicide each day and only one woman..and Australia today has the 2nd highest suicide rate in the world!
There are HEAPS of factors and reasons explaining it (in the article i was reading about male suicides) but i still can't get my head around it..the article really took me out of my own little world and made my issues look very VERY insignificant...
They think it's the best for everyone but really it's a split-second, selfish decision...how can it be good to leave behind your family & friends, with the memory of your death rather than the life u lived? I guess a lot of their minds aren't really "with it" and they don't really consider the consequences at such a life changing (or ending) moment..
Apparently 5 Australian men suicide each day and only one woman..and Australia today has the 2nd highest suicide rate in the world!
There are HEAPS of factors and reasons explaining it (in the article i was reading about male suicides) but i still can't get my head around it..the article really took me out of my own little world and made my issues look very VERY insignificant...
They think it's the best for everyone but really it's a split-second, selfish decision...how can it be good to leave behind your family & friends, with the memory of your death rather than the life u lived? I guess a lot of their minds aren't really "with it" and they don't really consider the consequences at such a life changing (or ending) moment..
Suicide is such a sad & depressing topic but it's so real in our society today (and so close to home) and it needs to be addressed. It's usually hidden from the media as well..we don't really hear about it much hey? Hmm...wonder why...I don't like reading the West Australian anymore..so much crap in there! Don't even want to mention what was on the front page a few weeks back!!
A few weeks back I got an email from Kae about this website --> www.ruokday.com.au
I never heard of it but it's such an awesome idea and so i went around asking EVERYONE if they were ok :) And you'd be surprised at the number of people who weren't...i was surprised at the number of people who actually admitted that they weren't and wanted to talk to me about it!
-_- i was happy enough so i left it at that...
No comments:
Post a Comment