Went to Scarb beach with my sister today :) It was 27° but there was still a nice breeze. We laid in the sun for at least an hour (talking about getting wrinkles and bad skin from the sun..and about cancer and how we shouldn't really be doing this..) but it was really nice to just lie there and catch up after not seeing each other for weeks :)
Coming home from Bali made me appreciate how beautiful our beaches really are..clear water, WHITE soft sand, and you're left alone - not pestered into buying things or doing things (although Bali's water was nice and warm, and the waves there are good to surf on)
Which reminds me of something that happened today...
I was sitting in the airport waiting for Timmy to arrive and there was this 8-10yo girl sitting behind me naming all these places and countries she'd been to in her (short) lifetime, to her mum's friend.
"Umm, I've been to Melbourne, Paris, Dongara, England, Indonesia, Bangkok, blahblahblah..."
and what annoyed me most (cos I was pretty annoyed already lol) was when her mum's friend said to her "wow, what a lucky girl!" and she replies "yeah i guess so..but I haven't been to America yet!"
I was like...errr...
Some kids today..geezz..
and that was my day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment