Wednesday, November 10, 2010

There's a really important but really expensive book called MIMS that I need for my course...it's also pretty important for future reference as well. It's a book filled with drugs, their generic names, and lots of information about each one.
Anyways, my tutor told us to go around to pharmacies to see if they have spares cos apparently they can give us the old copies...but I went around and got rejected every time. I also asked my pharm friends who were doing prac, but they couldn't get it for me either cos they're quite expensive to just give away.

So the other day at work, I was serving this lady who I knew worked at the new toy store in the markets, but I'd never talked to her before. She was really nice and asked me what I was studying. I told her and she was like "oh wow, i couldn't do that...but I do work in a medical clinic during the week." 
And this story fails cos I can't actually remember how it was brought up...but someone somehow mentioned the MIMS book and I said I needed one really badly but couldn't get one and I didn't want to buy one cos its expensive. 

ANYWAYS (it's late and I can't register my thoughts) the point of this story is that she said she can get me a book for free :) and not only that, I was given choices too! She asked if i wanted the big book or just the small one...and in the end she said she'd get me both!!
HOORAY!! I am now the proud owner of not 1..but TWO MIMs books!!
What a blessing :) 


anyways...time to sleep zZzzz...goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment